Fortis Cyber Solutions is looking for an experienced Voice/Data Communications Engineer to support our customer base.
• Has in-depth knowledge in multiple aspects of telecommunications; and/or internetworking; and/or data systems networking.
• This individual has broad knowledge in one or more areas of the telecommunications, internetworking, and VVID network arena, and may have specialized knowledge in one or more of the following areas: routing and switching infrastructures, transport technologies, network management, IP telephony integration, advanced network security, ISP/ dial-up, system network architecture (SNA)/IP migration.
• Is capable of supporting IP, frame relay, and asynchronous transfer mode (ATM) VVID networks.
• Capable of supervising and managing the implementation of specific aspects of telecommunications, internetworking, and data systems networking; also capable of supervising a team of engineers in highly complex data, internetworking, and telecommunications network projects.
• Provides lead engineer support for a specific technology area associated with telecommunications, internetworking, data systems networking, and CTI/VVID networks.
• Performs technical lead management responsibilities for the specific areas above.
• Provides in-depth analysis on interoperability, protocols, and services, as well as migration and technology transfer programs for CTI and VVID networks.
• Provides advanced technical support in one or more specific areas associated with network-architecture technologies, interoperability, and integration for CTI/VVID networks.
• May perform other duties as required. • Perform operations, maintenance and administration for the telephone switch, its remote switches, battery backup, distribution plant, transport equipment and ancillary equipment associated with the telephone switching systems, to include hardware, software, firmware installations on the switch and backup and restore activities.
• Ensure that all switch maintenance is provided by switch manufacturer-certified personnel (Currently Avaya, Cisco, and CSfC).
• Coordinate with associated Government agencies and commercial businesses that provide services and support to the site
• Good working knowledge of Crisis Management System (CMS) and Cisco VTC. Coordinate with all servicing communications facilities to include end point locations and the CMS Operations Center.
• May perform other duties as required in support of telecommunications and the mission of the customer.
BS in a technical discipline is preferred but not required
• CCNP Voice and/or Data – Cisco Certified Network Professional
• Avaya Professional Design Specialist (APDS)
• Avaya Certified Implementation Specialist (ACIS)
• Avaya Certified Support Specialist (ACSS)
• Avaya Certified Solutions Architect (ACSA)
Years of Experience:
A minimum of 5 years of experience preferred
Core hours are 6am-6pm Monday through Friday; May be required to support holiday, nights and weekend shifts as needed
As a contingency to employment at Fortis Cyber Solutions, all candidates who are given offers must successfully pass a full background investigation including criminal history and references checks. In order to be considered for this position, you must apply directly by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status or on the basis of disability. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled.